Pages


TINY STUDIO on YOUTUBE: THE TRANSITION

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

WHEW!



Unknown to people, bringing up the four large canvas panels to SARASEN GALLERY was never that easy. I miscalculated the height of the lift door.

I realized that the lift door of the industrial building where my studio is located is a few inches higher than that of the lift door of Winner Building where SARASEN GALLERY is presently located.



Therefore, I have to carry them all 4 pieces of 4 feet x 8 feet canvas panels through the stairs five floors up myself! It's all about sheer determination.



Wow! That's lots of sweat coming out there...enough to release all toxins from the body of a 49 year old man.



The experience was both bad and good. Bad because there's not enough time to call those expensive movers to lift all the stuff up to the gallery ... but good at the same time because I began to flex my old muscles of youth in the hope of regaining them.


Maybe it will take time before I reach that level wherein everything is offered on a silver platter and where what I only have to do is continue doing art and they will sell. But if the price I have to pay for this luxury do not go with my direction as an artist then I better continue struggling... with my Almighty God the Father always there as my guiding Light.