Pages


TINY STUDIO on YOUTUBE: THE TRANSITION

Friday, June 27, 2008

MORE GUESTS...THE PAINTING CONTINUES

All photos in this entry, except the last one, were taken by my 2 guests using my own camera.



Last Tuesday, June 24, was the closing party for this mural project. Well, that's meant for the PhilArtsFestHK calendar only but still my work continues until such time that I will be satisfied with the whole painting. The mural is available for public viewing in the gallery until July 2 anyway.

Today two of my friends arrived at the gallery. Here, posing in a Kung Fu-like stance, is professional photographer Victor Bautista. He was responsible for taking my photos for the cover of Review Asia and the photos of Artist Elizabeth Briel for the same magazine.

Review Asia is a new and classy magazine.



With Victor was Butch Durias, the president of the UP Alumni Association Hong Kong chapter. He is also a photographer and plays organ very well at the Rosary Church. He and Victor are members of the Pinoy Photographers Club. Their recent exhibition was Ex-Press at the Philippine Consulate, Hong Kong.



Butch posing as The Thinker standing. (Where will I eat my dinner? When will he finish this mural?)




The work goes on for me...



...and I just pause to talk to guests or have my snacks.

As you look at the mural you will see that it is very complicated and requires a lot of meticulous job. This is the signature of my art through all these years. Try and visit the links at the bottom of the column on the right and you will see my previous works done with lots of details. But it pales in comparison to the works of my brothers sometimes.

The story written by Ms. Smiley Julve about this project is now published in The Sun. I will write the full and in-depth explanation and meaning about this mural shortly.



Wow! That's my lovely wife Sally. We're enjoying the delicious Kebab, our dinner after a day's painting job. It feels good to truly love and be loved by the mother of your kids. This strong relationship resting on very strong Christian spirituality lays the right foundation for our kids.