Pages


TINY STUDIO on YOUTUBE: THE TRANSITION

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

TINY STUDIO+ : DAY 11



The mural after DAY 11.

At this point the main elements that I intended to include in the mural are already there but it will take several days more to do the necessary refinements until I achieve the perfect effect that I have in mind.

It's a tricky job to document the progress of this mural simply because I am not a professional photographer. But today I discovered a way to get rid of the strong effects of those overhead directional lights on each mural panel. I switched them all off, including the fluorescent lights inside the gallery, and instead used the floodlight to achieve a more even distribution of light on the mural before taking pictures.

I could only work for several hours on this project each day because my eyes are getting tired looking at it. Although it is very hard to do this painting there is a compelling reason why I am still doing it. Let's wait for the issue of The Sun to come out first this weekend before I upload my whole explanation regarding the meaning of this new art piece.

Can you guess what technique am I using to be able to achieve the purpose of painting that hidden image in this mural? At this stage it is not yet very clear in the photo.